Online access to the Land Records search now available.
- Birth, Death or Marriage Records
- Federal Tax Liens
- Uniform Commercial Code Documents
Recording Fees for Deeds, Mortgages, Land Contracts, Satisfactions, etc.: $30 per document regardless of the number of pages.
Note: the first page must have a 3x3 blank recording area in the upper right hand corner otherwise add a cover page.
Copies of Recorded Documents:
Uncertified copies of the above documents are available for $2 for the first page and $1 for each additionalpage. An additional $1 is charged for a certified copy.
Transfer September 1, 1981 to present $3 per $1000
Fees: December 17, 1971 – August 31, 1981 - $1 per $1000
October 1, 1969 – December 16, 1971 – no fee
Subdivision, Cemetery and Condominium Plats - $50 regardless of the number of pages.
Transportation Project Plats: $25 per plat (each plat is one page).
Recorded Document Fees Last Revised: April 8, 2002
Subdivision Plats: $50.00 regardless of the number of pages or lots.
Cemetery Plats: $50.00 regardless of the number of pages or lots.
Condominium Plats: $50.00 regardless of the number of pages or units.
Transportation Project Plats: $25.00 per plat (each plat is one page)
Copies of Filed Documents
Uncertified copies of the above filed documents reduced to 8 1/2 by 14 inches or 11 by 17 inches are available for $2.00 for the first page and $1.00 for each additional page. An additional $1.00 is charged for a certified copy.
Method of Payment
For filing plats, checks and money orders may be made out to Register of Deeds. For more information: (608) 935-0396
Plat Fees Last Revised: April 8, 2002
Note: We only have records of births, deaths, and marriages that occurred in Iowa County. We do receive a copy of a death certificates or birth certificate if you reside in Iowa County and died or were born in another Wisconsin county.
Birth Certificate: $20.00 for the first copy and $3.00 for each additional copy per order.
Death Certificate: $20.00 for the first copy and $3.00 for each additional copy per order.
Marriage Certificate: $20.00 for the first copy and $3.00 for each addition copy per order.
NOTE: The cost of the above vital records are for both certified and uncertified copies. Requesters must provide identification and demonstrate direct and tangible interest to receive certified copies. Searches of vital records are $7.00 regardless of whether or not the record is found.
Military Discharges: These are filed and copies are made for veterans free of charge. Only the veteran may receive copies of his/her records and identification is required.
Genealogy Searches: The public may search open records at no charge. Record copy fees are above. Identification is required. Genealogists must register before searching.
Searches for vital records performed by staff: $7.00
Method of Payment
Mail requests and payment in the form of a money order made out to Register of Deeds and send to the address listed below.
If you wish to order with Credit Card click on the following link: Online application for Vital Information
Is your document ready to be Recorded?
Please make sure all of the following items are correct:
- Only original documents or certified copies may be recorded.
- Pages must be white, standard weight, and either letter or legal sized. No hinged pages. Ink must be black.
- The document must be legible and reproducible.
- There must be a blank 3" by 3" space in upper right hand corner for the register's recording stamp.
- The return address must be located either directly under the recording area or on the left within the top 3" of the page.
- All pages must have a minimum 1/2" margin across the top. The first page must have minimum 1/4" margins on sides and bottom.
- Signatures are notarized. Notary commission date stated.
- The proper fee must accompany the document.
- The name of the document drafter must be present.
- Deeds, land contracts and judgments require the Wisconsin Real Estate Transfer Form.
- We will review your documents for these items but the ultimate responsibility for complete and correct document is yours. Ask for assistance if you need it.
Document Registration Procedures Last Revised: April 8, 2002
8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Monday - Friday
222 N. Iowa St.
Dodgeville, WI 53533